Wednesday 25 June 2014

Simply baking.

So today being my day off, I decided to raid my kitchen cupboards for ingredients to bake. I found half a packet of self raising flour, some vanilla essence so I knew I had the basics for baking with the addition of eggs, milk, sugar and butter. I didn't even follow a recipe today. Crazy right? 
My electric whisk is not working so decided to go through with the manual way. Peeps, I do not know about you guys, but my manual whisking normally ends with half of it stuck on the whisk. So I decided to abandon the whisk and took a wooden ladle and gave it a good mixing. After several minutes, despite being unsatisfied with the dough, I decided to place them on cupcake silicone cakes and whacked them in the oven, which was preheated at Gas mark 5. After 15 minutes, little bundles of joy came out of the oven in the shape of cupcakes. I am not a big fan of icing so I didn't bother with it. I have left them to cool for now and going to enjoy it later with the housemates. 
Little bundles of joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment