Thursday 16 August 2012

The One with the Iconic Bordeaux

I've tried writing this post several times now and it was just not quite right. I've now decided to just write it and not over think things. Here goes.

In one of Lisa Eldridge's recent beauty videos on You Tube she used a coloured mascara on her model, Bip Ling. I have much more to say about her on future posts. It intrigued me so much that I did a little bit of research that is "googling" on it. At a whooping £31 it is one of the most expensive mascaras I've come across. Personally I prefer drugstore mascaras. They work better on my lashes compared to the higher end ones and are a fraction of the price. My all time favourite is falsies by Maybelline. Ever time I test out a different one I go running back to this!

But with coloured mascara drug stores don't really have a good range and so for the first time in a long time I browsed the YSL and Estee Lauder mascaras. The coloured variety to be specific. There was a burgundy one by YSL which I was very close to getting but I couldn't help but compare it to the one Lisa had used. Yes it was pricey but I thought I'd rather pay a bit more than the YSL one and get a product that I knew I wanted 100%. So I did buy the one Lisa used. And which one was that you say? I got the Iconic Bordeaux mascara by Terry. It's a relatively new makeup range and I believe you can only get it at Space NK. I got mine from their online store.



It is a beautiful deep reddish, plummy almost burgundy colour. It has growth boosting ingredients and such in it.  But I hear once you stop using a mascara that says it will help grow more lashes, that quality goes too. Although a few extra lashes would be grand, I was more into the colour of the mascara. You can tell it's quality and when the light hits it you can see its true colour. I'm not keen on taking pictures let alone zoomed in ones of my face. But here's one of the mascara one me. You have been warned. I think it's a very pretty mascara but one I'd wear say on a sunny day or something just so the colour shows up properly. I'm thinking of pairing it up with Avon's diamond glimmerstick eyeliner. It's a purple colour with silver specks in it and hopefully it'll pair up with the plummy colour in the mascara. We shall see whether it complements my eyes or makes me look like I've got a bruised eye. I joke!













No comments:

Post a Comment